Late last month I released my newest pattern the Reunion Clutch. It is a FREE pattern download that you can get here.
There are no wristlet instructions included in the pattern, as they just didn't make the final cut ;)
But since the release, I have had a fair amount of interest in how to go about adding one to the clutch...
So here is your DIY :)
- 1 x 1/2" (1.2cm) D-ring
- 1 x 1/2" (1.2cm) Swivel Clip
- Tab - From Fabric AND Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing, Cut 1 of 2 1/2" W x 3" L (6.5cm x 7.5cm)
- Wristlet - From Fabric AND Medium Weight Fusible Interfacing, Cut 1 of 2 1/2" W x 15" L (6.5cm x 30cm)
1. Fuse the interfacing to the wrong side of both your Tab and Wristlet fabric.
2. We will construct the Tab first. Take your Tab fabric and fold it in half (length wise - long edge to long edge), press and unfold.
3. Fold the (long) bottom raw edge up to the centre crease line and press.
4. Fold the (long) top raw edge down to the centre crease line. Press into place. Fold the bottom raw edge up to the centre, and press.
6. Slip the d-ring onto the Tab
7. Fold the Tab in half and secure the d-ring in place with a row of stitching. Ensure to stitch as close the the hardware as possible - you might like to use a zipper foot for this step.
8. Your Tab is now finished. To attach it to your Reunion Clutch I suggest that when you baste it in place, you use the placement shown below...
This placement is especially important if you ARE using the Emmaline bags 11" Internal Wire Frames (Style A) in your clutch. This is because once your clutch has been filled with your essentials, if your Tab has been placed higher (eg. on Main A), your clutch will be pulled out of shape if using the wristlet to carry the clutch.
9. We will now construct the Wristlet. Take your Wristlet fabric and repeat steps 2, 3 and 4.
10. Slip your swivel clip onto the Wristlet.
11. Unfold the seam allowance at each short end and place them right sides together. Sew the seam with a 1/2” seam allowance. This will form a loop in your Wristlet.
13. Refold and press the seam, then topstitch using a 1/8" (0.3cm) on each long edge. Ensure to slip your swivel clip along the wristet to move it out of your way as you go.
This is what it should look like when your done...
14. Place the join seam at your swivel clip (see photo), and secure theswivel clip in place with a row of stitching. Ensure to stitch as close the the hardware as possible - you might like to use a zipper foot for this step.
15. Clip the swivel clip to the d-ring and your finished!
Have you made a Reunion Clutch yet? If so, I'd love to see it! Remember to tag me on Instagram (@formylittlemonster) or post a picture of your creation to my facebook page :)
I hope you enjoy using this tutorial, happy sewing!