Friday, 18 July 2014

My poolside tote

Hi everyone,

When I brought home the loan machine that the repair shop have given me to use until my machine is returned to me, it has had to be sent off to the manufacturer to be fixed :(
I was quite happy as I was able to finish a number of WIP's before the belly monster arrives!

The 1st WIP to be finished was my poolside tote :)

I'm quite happy with how it has turned out.  It is BIG and it will hold A LOT of the baby crap I remember having to cart around when the little monster was a baby...and I think there is even enough room in there for some toddler crap too :P

I made some modifications to the pattern...
1. I added a turn lock closure to the top of the bag - I like a bag that closes
2. I added some straps to the sides that have little clasps on them so I can easily hang the bag from my pusher.
3. I added some elasticised pockets (3) internally to hold nappies and other baby stuff :)

I think the only thing I would change if/when I make this bag again, is that I would use a lighter interfacing in the straps, and then I would be able to fold them and sew them as is stated in the pattern instructions.  Other than that I am very happy with this bag, and I am looking forward to using it in the near future!
  Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment