Last week I started on the list of items to make prior to the belly monster's arrival - oh and in case you missed the announcement on Facebook, the Belly monster is a BOY :)
So what did I make? A cushion!
I started by playing around with layout...
Then I stitched the charm squares together, added wading and quilted them.
And after struggling to sew with my choice of fabric for the back - I am never sewing with this hessian like fabric again! It unravels faster than you can say unravel :P
I followed this tutorial to create the hidden zip.
And here is the finished cushion!
Front - Part of a charm I was gifted as part of a mini quilt swap and part of the "Everything but the kitchen sink 2013" by RJR Fabrics, charm pack I purchased while on holidays a little while ago.
Back - repurposed Ikea cushion cover. I had originally thought to reuse the zip (as well as the fabric), but I broke it trying to remove it from the cover, oh well :)
I think this cushion is going to be the first of a few that I will make over the next little while - it makes my living room feel a lot more homely :)